Friday, August 28, 2009

Mid sem break.

Yes, I am finally on a holiday. It's only for a week and half the time I should be studying for a test, which is on the first day classes recommences and get with my group mates and work on an assignment which we are due to present, also on the first week back. Sigh. So I am seizing the moment before all that has to happen.

Today I got myself a keyboard. Finally. Hence I'm so semangat typing. :D I am so broke this month and I do not mean August. It's not September and I'm already broke. *dies*

Since I started working as a waitress, I've grown and learn, literally, to love tips. I know it's not a culture in Asia to tip your waitress. In Western countries, it is. I know for a fact that in America (depending on where you dine) tipping is a must. If not, you're just a rude customer. There's also a percentage that you have to go by. I honestly don't remember but I just remembering my dad giving a certain percentage of the total bill back when we lived in the States. At some places, the waitresses get to keep the tips but others, like the tips I get, goes into a pool and then divided amongst.

Anyway, as I was saying, I have been eating out quite a bit lately for 'special occasions' and I tip them. I don't go by a percentage because I'd go broke. But I give because I know how rewarding it feels after a long night of work and I think customers were barely tolerable, boss is an idiot and still you get money in the tip box. That's good. For me, it could only mean that I did something right. And I know that the tips you get makes quite a difference to the take home pay. As much I enjoy being on the receiving end, I'm sure as I give, someone on the receiving end will appreciate it.

The last time I was in KL, my family went to Nandos along Bintang Walk? And the waitress there was this nice lady and she came to talk to us. Somehow, the topic of tipping came out and my dad must have been happy with her service and offered a tip and the lady said along the lines of:

She does not get to keep it and it does not go into the pool and divided amongst the workers. Instead it goes to "management". Wait a sec. Why does management get the tips? In many ways, that is WRONG. The "management" does not serve customers. Besides, half the time, I remember M'sian restaurants having poor management. Well, that ticked my dad off quite a bit.

Hehe I really have such semangat to type. It's so cold. I'm really looking for a nice hot shower and then a bit of wine drinking with my housemates. The restaurant is closed for a couple weeks and I got to take a few bottles of opened wine. By the way, since working at the restaurant. I am pro at opening wine bottles (cork). Seriously, I am so amazed with myself. -_- haha The only thing is I was not taught how to stack plates on my arm. I go to other restaurants and these waiters and waitresses can hold a plate on their hand and another on their arm. and when cleaning the table they can stack and clean the plates, all on their arm/hand. Damn pro. lol. Only if I was thought how to.

Anyways, my parents have decided that I am going back, except they don't know when I should go back. December, of course. Still negotiating.

My Mac keyboard feels so sexy under my fingers. Seriously.

Let's hope the next time I write I'd have something exciting to share with you all. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment