Anyway, writing with Jubi again reminded me how much I need to find God again. I am so far away from Him. Before coming here. I go to church every Sunday. I know how good of a Christian I am has nothing to do with thick measurings like how often I go to church or what not. Just hear me out. I go to church every Sunday with Jubi's family. In school we have Bible classes every day. (Or was it every other day?) And we had a bible study group for us senior girls every Wednesdays, I think it was. I cannot tell you how uncomfortable I was at the beginning. My faith in God is very personal to me and I cannot imagine sharing it with other people. But as time progressed, I had learned to open up to my peers and talk about God with them, in particular Jubi. I loved it.
I miss talking to Jubi about God, read the Bible with her some times. I remember distinctly one time we had stayed up late (that was when we still shared a room) and we went out to the balcony. It was such a beautiful night and we pretty much just picked out verses from the Bible and talked about them until we realized that it was too dark and we couldn't really see what we were reading. haha. But my point is, I was connected to God. My faith in Him was so strong. Before Penang, when I was still in the States, I was not exactly a nice person. I was angry and always in trouble with my mom and fought with my sister. I cussed like a donkey. (?)
When I started school in Dalat. I met the nicest, friendliest people. I learned to put my anger beside me. And as cheesy and tacky as I know this would sound, I was at peace with myself. I have never felt so happy ever. :) Well, I guess I just wrote a little of my testimony.
Anyways, I fell far from all that since I came here. But what I really wanted to get to was that it is so great to have a friend that reminds me about God. That helps guide me back to God. I have not really read the bible. And I will do that this break. I pray God give me the determination and discipline to read the Bible. :D haha
When I graduated, the school gave each of the graduates a bible. And the Chapel pastor at that time was Mr. G. He wrote this on the cover.
Dear Elaine.
It was a blessing to get to know you this year and see God at work in your life. Your testimony at your Baptism was a blessing to all. You are a true child of God, never forget that. Always keep your eyes on the Lord and your ears close to His Lips.
With love,
R.G.
Isaiah 42:16
(I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.)
I love this verse.
Anyways, let's hope I will find God again. :)
Time for me to shower. :D
hey lainey, its good that you're hoping to find God again, and yes! He really grants peace of mind. I will pray for you, that you will find Him in time and perhaps you could find yourself a community with the same passion to mix with? I guess community is quite important in helping encourage our growth and keep us in track. Well, that's for me.
ReplyDeleteAnd, the beginning of your post, your housemate beat u to the shower, OMG i used to have a housemate who just had to do that ALL THE TIME I got so mad -_- anyways, have a blessed weekend as always :)
oh and yeah, about how close you were to God when u were in Dalat, wow I never knew. I hope you'll get back to that sort of rship with Him again lainey bug. Love.
ReplyDeleteGod bless ya :) and hey, i've been stalking on you. well, so is everyone else :D
ReplyDeletecheers!
-tsuey
Thanks ladies. I've been good for the past few days. :)
ReplyDeleteoh ya.. nice layout =)
ReplyDeleteheee.. but i couldnt view ur cbox though..
i feel so...touched reading your post laine.. i dont know why!! almost fell like crying. damn i am emotional thesedays.. :S
ReplyDeleteanyway you take care!!!
and CHRYS LEE! i wanna whack you already for not coming on9 and talk to me!!!!
*felt. lol
ReplyDelete