Monday, March 8, 2010

Into week three of uni.

So far so good. If you have not heard the good news, here it is; I was successful in that interview I was so nervous about. So I'm currently interning for a gov't organization called Skills Tasmania and I will be working on a project with them for 1 semester. It's a 1 day per week gig, Normal working hours, 9-5. So yea, quite excited about that. For sure, I'll have work cut out for me. I already feel slightly overwhelmed. 

I'm taking another core econs and another elective, which I chose to do first year accounting. I decided would be beneficial to know some basic accounting. Pretty much need accounting wherever you go nowadays. 

Weekly quizzes start this week. I started working again at the same Thai restaurant. yay. It's nice to be interacting with strangers again. I still find it rewarding (somewhat).

This year, I'm on the MASCA committee. That's like a group that deals with the Malaysian Student Department and we receive funds on behalf of the Malaysian societies state-wide. Last year we went to this National Conference and Games in Sydney. This year it would be in Canberra. So we will be busy raising funds, etc for that. Tassie does not have a strong Malaysian Student Society so we'll be pushing for more involved members and perhaps make some changes to how things are done. Aspire to how MASCA committees and individual Malaysian Societies mainland do things.

And this middle of this year (fingers crossed), I'm graduating. I'll be a bridesmaid in June (fingers crossed again that Finals don't fall on the same day). I will be busy as applying for residency and job search. This is going to be exciting! So many things to look forward to. 

Oh yes... well, we don't have a lot of eatery options here in Hobart and this small Korean restaurant is my fav place to go and they serve yummy Bibimbap. A week or so ago, I attempted my very own bibimbap and I won't say it was excellent but it was not half bad. :D Today for lunch, Alvin and I made Kimchi Jigae and it was delish!! If my internet was not being an ass I would upload photos. 

Anyway, just a quick update. Gonna be a busy year but so excited! Pray I'll follow and stick to the path laid out for me.




3 comments:

  1. congrats on ur interview and internship! that is superbly good.. working with the govt.. quite sure u'll have no problem with the migration stuff now i'm kinda envios atm haha

    good to know all's well for u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lainey!!! omgg u made it thru the interview! hehehe am so damn happy for you :)

    while u guys are busy preparing for pr stuff.... im kinda enjoying my uni life here (somehow) i prefer here than in msia.... no idea why.. more interactive i guess.

    ok! shall not spam ur comment box. hope you can make it to melb!!

    see you in a month's time hopefully??

    xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete