Monday, April 27, 2009

All that drama.

Yesterday was possibly the worst day I have experienced in Tassie. Salamanca trip was fruitless. The quest for delicious bratwurst proved futile. Our favorite stall did not open, went to the second second choice stall. Queued up and was told that up to the couple in front of us, not going to have enough bratwurst. So down to the third choice stall, which was not really a choice to begin with. No bratwurst but Bacon and Ham sausage on white bread. Yuck but alright, might as well. 5 bucks down the bin. It was uncooked. My disappointment told me there was no point in telling the guy and getting another Bacon and Ham sausage on thin white bread. My cravings told me that is not the way to go and so we headed for KFC. Well, least my cravings for greasy food is fulfilled. :) Ran some errands in the city. Tried on a gorgeous pair of boots with the price label of $214++. I kept myself from faint and walked out.

That was drama number 1. Not having my craved bratwurst was an epic disaster to say the least.

A & R went to Woolies for groceries about 11pm. A little late but it has to be done. I was home watching a movie and I heard loud stomping and slamming of doors and angry shouts and fuming from A. I was scared. When I finally managed to get him to slow down and talk, it was a little after 12am. 3 local racists stalked A & R home. Taunted profanities and stole A's bag of groceries as he was turning in the address. That one guy slipped and threw cereal at A. He manage to fight back and I really do hope that idiot, such an understatement, suffers a great bruising.

From what I was told later on, I could only give thanks to God for keeping A safe and putting A's head on straight that moment. As the degenerate beings ran of in their getaway car, A was tempted to go after them but again, it is a blessing in disguise that he didn't.

What resulted from all that was a call to the police, a report made and when I said degenerate beings, really I mean greatly degenerate. There was a report made not too long after that some guys threw milk (which once belonged to A) at a nearby hotel (a bar). Reports were made and the police believe it to be the same guys. (A identified their getaway car. Less registration though.) Stupid is not that harsh of a word to use in these circumstances. Seriously? Did they think that they could bully Asians and not get reported. Did they really believe that Asians are so scared and will not go to the authorities? Racists. Listen to me. THINK AGAIN.

Whoever who reads this. CHRYS, especially. If racists were to in any way assault you. GO TO THE COPS! I have a mate who was ganged by a group of young boys and they wanted her to buy them ciggies, but she refused. They strangled her and her fear kept her from reporting to the cops. Please please, I feel very strongly about these matters and know the numbers to local authorities. Put it on speed dial if you have to.

We're waiting on good news from the cops.

--------

Last drama. I was walking back home when I witnessed a 5 way collision. Not a major collision, but 5 way and one of the silliest accidents I have seen. Why would anyone drive so closely behind another car. One of the car managed to stop but the car behind bumped the car and well, it was a chain. =.=

Anyways, back to studying. CHRYS. Please keep safe.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa. Elaine. Thanks for the extra information and the exposure on such an issue. Sorry to hear about what happened to your bf and the groceries but yeah thank God that your friends were not injured nor were engaged in any serious fights? Reading this certain post kinda scared me though.. I've never heard of such strong Azn racism in Melbourne but I reckon this is your second time writing about this issue.. I'll pray for God-sent angels for you okay. Thanks again for the note. Missing you lots, please take care of yourself and head out in larger groups, be safe as well. xoxo Chrys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laine!
    That was not cool. Though at least all of you are fine. Hope those troublemakers get what they deserve too!
    Anyway, all the best for your exams aight! Take care and God bless!
    Oh, on a lighter note, Liverpool's coming to Singapore in July! O_O
    Interested? Interested? Let Al know! Haha. :P

    ReplyDelete