Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year

Hello once again. 

No such chinesey celebrations for me this year. Although I did meet my family in New Zealand in time for reunion dinner, which was medium eye fillet with chili prawns and rosemary with side of vegetables for me and desert wine from a honey place we visited in NZ before this said dinner. Well, besides the missing presence of authentic food and little cousins running around and older cousins hanging around and visits from family I never knew I have and family I miss very much, I cannot ask for more. I mean, I did get to see my parents and sister. :) That's all that matters, really. Forget handbag stuffed with ang paus. It's nonexistent for me for a couple years now. Before, when I was younger, ang paus were the highlight of the entire festive season. I mean, I would count my ang paus and double checks with my sister that we have the same amount of red packets. Hahah. That was then. Now, there are so few to keep track off that I don't see a point in counting the number of packets I have. Hahha... What's funny though, is that every year, I realise that the amount in RM I get decreases. Always thought to myself... sigh... economy not doing good la. Hahha. That was too long ago. 

This year, as my dad drove us around NZ with my sister giving directions, I sat in the backseat with my mom and we were able to catch up with all things family. My closest 'young' cousins are well, not so young anymore. The elder of the 3 is now in secondary school. She used to be chubby with a cute round face. Now apparently lean and tall and super smart that the gov't offered her a place in a better elite school. I think to myself. Damn. I am missing out on my cousins' lives! 

Anyway, I have been missing out on what has been going on in a lot of my friends. Jubi, Kinna to name a couple. :( I am horrible at writing emails all the time. I work now, so that's where most of my nights go. Day time, well I have summer school and either that I am out running errands or finding furniture for this new place. Even when I have time, I look at ppl's photos to see what I've been missing out on and time to do something else. (hehe ie blog.) 

I don't write often enough. 
I don't go online often enough I guess.

Well I am turning 20 this year as most of you are (my ever so loyal select few :)). I want to take charge of my own life. I have been out on my own for 2 maybe 3 years. I am working, I earn my pocket money. Ok I live off daddy still. But what I meant by taking charge of my own life is like doing something worthy. Making a difference in my own life. I read magazines and young adults barely in 24s are successful in their own way. Maybe a cooking catering from home business. Or whatever it may be. That is just a few more years away for me, us. Goodness me, I never thought at 20 I'd be thinking about way future. Goodness me, the more I feel immature and childlike. 

I graduate in one and a half years. I have to secure a job in Finance/Econs in order to get PR. (Btw, keep in mind that I am very envious to you who drives in Ipoh. I have a strong feeling that I won't be driving for a while and have no use of my license, which I do not have with me and I have not driven since my road test, etc. -_- Everybody say SWT! Ok la, no use driving here. I mean it's convenient for me to take the bus and walk. Kind of the way of life for me already. But gee what if I don't ever drive and at 27 I realize, opps... I need a car and I need to drive. Major pai seh la! Dunno how to drive.... *shivers at the mere thought of learning how to drive again.*)

Soon after securing a job and PR, kinda have to think about well, starting my own family, no? I know, not soon. But very in the near future. I mean, I have been here almost 20 years. What is 5-6-7 more years. Gasp. 

Anyway, enough about all that. I came back from NZ 29th. Been working 4 days straight right after and I have just started studying for my final exam for summer school. It is this coming Friday. sigh. I have no motivation to study honestly. The only thing that is keeping me so cool is that I have internals of 21 of 30 and meaning I have to get 20.3 out of 70 on my final to pass the unit. This is how we go about things over here. Yeah, tell me about it... not a good thing to do. 

Hmmm. Oh yes, I gave my iPhone to my sister. :( Miss it very much. 

Taken using the camera on my new MacBook. :) After work yesterday night on the right. 

Wish me luck on studying for my final this Friday. Will write soon. 

1 comment:

  1. hey! lol can't believe you used the word pai seh. haha. and i'm sure you'll have no problem driving la. and the whole growing up thing, ahhh scary! i think about stuff like that too on and off.

    and yayy for the pictures! more please =D

    ReplyDelete