How has your first week of the new year been? How have you been?
I apologize for not getting in touch with any of you during Christmas and New Year. Here's what I have been up to.
The last post, Alvin's family were here. After they all left, Alvin and I moved in to a rented house close to uni. Right after that, Alvin and I and both our friends flew to Melbourne for 12 days. For Christmas and New Year and Boxing Day shopping and for more authentic chinese and asian food.
But I caught a cold from Alvin, I think, right before Christmas right up to New Year and I am still recovering. So I had a really quiet Christmas and New Year. Stayed at home for New Year with Alvin. It was surprisingly nice though I wanted very much to go out and join party goers and watch live fireworks. Not this year though. :) Anyways, I decided that locals are mad party people. Seriously. But, I managed to gather enough strength to shop a little after Christmas during Boxing Day and few days after that. We ate most of the time. Once we had two lunches. Yong Tau Foo and Mamak later. That is how deprived we have been. hehe OOooo yes, cannot forget the "Yum Cha" (my goodness, it's Dim Sum lah!). I have never felt so happy eating there. And the "tai chow". I got to eat la la. hmmmm.... Really really tasted like home. :) Ooo, yes Melbourne has one of the best bubble teas. Ok, maybe because I have not had one in a long time.
Here's the thing about Melbourne. Service in asian restaurants are horrifying! No courtesy whatsoever. They serve like they are being forced to. They never seem to smile and convey messages like nope we do not want your business here. Goodness me. Though the food are really really worth the prices, service just... how shall I put this plainly... sucks!
Anyways, I flew return with Tiger Airways. (Rant) Very disorganized. Arrived at Tullamarine airport and Tiger Air's check in counters were in a... what looked like an oversized container. Dodgy. We arrived 8:45am for our 10:30am flight and was told that there were no such flight that day but were going to be put on the 11am flight. How incredibly ridiculous is that? Anyways, after much confusion, a lady announced that it was their mistake and there was a 10:30am flight someone had missed that out on the schedule for that day. WOW.... And to think they'd have better organization skills or they'd be more careful in the airline business. Anyways, when they did open their check in counters for disgruntled passengers. I being one of the many. Somehow two lines were formed and no one bothered to do anything about it and the other line were served and not our line... Seriously, with two check in counters. Can't one counter deal with one line and so on? Seriously. Hire me as a supervisor there and I'd do a better job than them. So anyways, amazingly cheap flight tickets. Bad bad service and organization. Then again, might just be a bad day for them.
Anyways, I seem to have tons to complain about. Here are some wonderful things. So my friends and I were checking in and our checked baggage were overweighted by quite a bit and we were all ready to pay. I had even given my credit card to the lady and she had to be somewhere else. She really was in a rush. She quickly handed me our boarding tickets and my card. So I say we saved a lot on checked baggage that day.
Hmmm so I do not know if Malaysia have any Boxing Day sales or any good ones at least. Over here, it is what people have been training for all year long. All that shopping during the year, it's all part of the training for this one day. In Melbourne city, Myer, people were camping outside of the shopping mall the night before. Yes, Christmas night. Camp. Outside shopping mall! Insane.
I woke up Boxing Day 8ish and morning news showed the massive crowd of people in the city. And in Myer and people were already around with bags and bags of shopping! We went down to the city 9ish 10 and I felt so lost! All the people. But anyways I had a great time shopping in Melbourne. So much better than Hobart. Hobart has like zip compared to what Melbourne has. Anyways, I really really want to write about the good buys but I am really really tired.
So much to tell about the Melbourne trip. I'll leave it all for next time.
In the mean time, continue writing and update me.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment