Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tag uno.

This is the 16 random things, facts, habits or goals about me from Amy. 
Gosh where do I even start? 

1. I love giving myself manicures and pedicures. 
I won't say I'm good at it. But when I look at my nails after I'm done and they look pretty dang good, that makes me really happy. I do my nails mostly when I have nothing else better to do. Or when I have been busy at classes or work the whole week and I have that one rest day. I sit in front of my Mac and put on a movie I've already seen countless times (ie: Pride and Prejudice or one of the Bourne movies.) and do my nails. Just say it's 'my time'. It's nice to pamper myself once in awhile. 

2. Talking about nails. I have weak-butt nails. 
They chip and break as they please. Grr. For me to do my nails so often are pretty difficult. I know, the polish are probably the cause but I do think it's in the family. My mom's got weak nails too. :( But I have discovered a nail and hand cream which are working pretty well for me from Body Shop. Almond and Vitamin E. :) The Face Shop has got a nail and cuticle balm as well which I am using and seem to be doing my nails some good. 

3. I like (wish to do more often) to sit on a swing, bench outdoors and read a book under a nice warm sun. I am sitting outdoors now, under a sun which had just hid itself behind the house beside mine. I used to read in bed every night. I wish it was the Bible. But that was years and years ago. Now I barely have time to read. I have a friend who reads quite a lot lately. Books like Shopaholic, etc. I borrowed a book from her couple months back and I discovered I have no interest in books like that. Hmm... Anyways, I recently had purchased a book, The Shell Seekers by Rosamund Pilcher. If you had been reading my blog from the past 2 years, you will know I read Winter Solstice from the same author. Genre of family drama, etc. English writer I'm thinking, as her books are set in England. 

4. Anyways, number four. I enjoy working at Royal Thai.
Yes, that's the restaurant I'm waitressing currently. I started there with a mindset that it's going to be difficult. I mean work is never going to be easy. Especially a job like waitressing where you meet all sorts or people and you have to smile and swallow all the customer is always right crap. Anyhoo, I have been working there since August and I have enjoyed almost everyday of it. Given I had a few days where the restaurant's packed and customers were just being extra difficult. 

5. Bet you didn't know this one. I have 3 Guinea Pigs. 
Mushroom has a white body and a black and white face split right down the middle. (I picked her.)
Cookie Dough has a white body as well and a black patch on the right from the eye to the back of her front leg. She looks like Zorro. With a black strip on her right eye. She also has a balding spot on the top of her little head which pushes down her fur on the top of her eyes to make her look like an old lady with mighty bushy eyebrows. (Alvin picked her.)
Coco. Well. She just looks like Hamtaro. The cutest and most Guinea Pig looking but the most terrified of human touch. She is white and brown. (Audrey picked her.)

6. I love Tulips. LOVE! I'm beginning to really like Daisies. And Weeds. Those Daisy lookalike weeds or white petals and yellow centers. And Yellow petals and yellow centers? They are the prettiest weeds, in my opinion. :)

7.My boyfriend of 17 months is my best friend. You know how you have one person, that one best friend you go to when you have boyfriend problems? Yes, he's that person. Haha. Alright, I probably tell him the censored and cut version than what I would have told if he was not my boyfriend. Haha.

8. I am a 'club virgin'. I have not been into a crowded club and 'clubbed'. Believe it or not. 

9. (Looking at my hands.) I have amazingly dry hands! Damn this weather. It is January. Supposedly the hottest summer. But here I am wearing leggings and Ugg boots and a heavy sweater. Sure the sun is out and hot. But the wind is super chilly. There were only a few countable days where it was really hot and I could go out in a dress or shorts.

10. I now own my very own designer handbag. 
I don't mean to brag, but after working for months and saving, I finally bought myself a Burberry bag. (Shopping in Melbourne. Promise more on that later.)

---To be continued---

No comments:

Post a Comment